La Konrad Adenauer Stiftung organizza a Bruxelles un seminario articolato in due sessioni: 1) Una politica per l’energia rinnovabile tra interessi nazionali e europei e responsabilità globali; 2) Potenzialità e benefici dell’energia rinovabile per i Paesi in via di Sviluppo. 13:45 - 14:00 Welcome and Opening Remarks: - Dr. Gerhard Wahlers (Head of Department of International Cooperation, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung); - Ambassador Ortwin Hennig (Vice President and Head of Conflict Prevention Program, EastWest Institute). 14:00 - 15:00 Keynote Speeches: - Mr. Andris Piebalgs (EU Commissioner for Energy);
- Dr. Peter Paziorek (Parliamentary State Secretary at the German Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection).
15:00 - 16:30 Session 1 “Renewable Energy Policy of the European Union – Between National/European Interest and Global Responsibilities”: - Herbert Reul (MEP, European Parliament, Committee on Industry, Research and Energy); - Professor Stefan C. Krauter (Chairman, World Council for Renewable Energies Board Member, International Solar Energy Society); - Eric Tang (Policy Officer, Energy and Environment, DG Environment, European Commission);
- Simon Worthington (Environmental Senior Policy Adviser, BP Europe); 17.00 - 18:30 Session 2 “Potential and Benefit of Renewable Energy in Developing Countries”:
- Nick Mabey (Chief Executive “E3G” (Third Generation Environmentalism), Senior Advisor in the British Prime Minister’s Strategy Unit); - Eric Usher (Head of Renewable Energy Finance at UNEP’s Energy Branch Paris/France);
- Professor Mamadou Mansour Kane (Director of the Center of Renewable Energy, Dakar/Senegal);
- Professor Weber Antonio Neves Do Amaral (Director of the Brazilian Biofuels Program, Piracicaba/Brazil);
- Dr. V.V.N. Kishore (Senior Fellow, The Energy and Resource Institute (TERI), New Dehli/India). 18.30 - 19:00 Conclusions: - Dr. Peter Weilemann (Director of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung’s European Office Brussels); - Dr. Greg Austin (Director for Policy Innovation and Acting Director, Global Security Programme, EastWest Institute).